We have always loved working with our hands at Elizabeth Little. Before our founder, Eileen, began making clothes, she was a pastry chef known for her macarons. We don’t have a macaron recipe for you today, but we do have a family-friendly chocolate Bundt cake that is perfect for the holidays.
This is a simple yet decadent treat that may even fast become a weekend favourite! In our kitchen, we like to get the children involved when time allows, but the recipe also comes together quickly if you don’t have time on your side.
A look at some of the ingredients you'll need to make this delicious dessert.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 300g salted butter
- 190ml milk
- 360g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 105g cocoa powder
- 400g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. flaky sea salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 225ml sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 190ml hot coffee or hot water
For the dark chocolate glaze, you will need:
- 150g dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
- 75g salted butter
- Pinch of salt
Here, Eileen whisks the wet ingredients together.
Eileen's daughter, Elizabeth, stepped into the kitchen to help bring this cake together.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease an 8 inch Bundt pan and dust with flour or cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter, add milk and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add the butter mixture, eggs and sour cream to the dry ingredients and beat until just smooth.
- Add the hot coffee and stir until smooth. The batter will be quite runny!
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake on the lowest rack for about 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the dark chocolate glaze, combine the chopped chocolate and butter in a saucepan and place it over low heat. Stir until everything is completely melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake. Sprinkle with extra salt if desired.
We hope you have fun trying out this recipe out at home! If you enjoyed reading this and want to see more recipes or activity ideas, follow us on social media and let us know what you would love to see next.
You can also discover our collection of Aprons on our website. The collection features 4 Liberty Art prints, and make your apron more special with monograming of up to 20 characters. Available in kids and adult sizes.